Soup is one of the most perfect foods. A complete one-pot meal, it warms you up when you’re cold and it makes you feel better when you’re sick. Keep warm and stay healthy with these fresh soup recipes to try in January, which is National Soup Month.
- Gingery Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles (from Epicurious) – a healthy, gluten-free and low-carb alternative to comforting chicken soup with noodles.
- Mushroom Barley Soup – a hearty, one-pot soup with lots of mushrooms.
- Cauliflower Bisque with Brown Butter Croutons (from Country Living) – creamy soup and crunchy croutons. Does it get better than that?
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (from Creme de la Crumb) – Mexican-inspired flavors like lime and avocado (two of my favorites) in a creamy chicken chili. Sounds divine!
- Cream of Tomato Soup (from A Sweet Pea Chef) – something tells me that this would be perfect with a simple grilled cheese sandwich, a classic combination. Yum.
For more inspiration, follow #NationalSoupMonth on Twitter, check out my board of curated recipes on Pinterest, and visit the From Anna’s Kitchen Recipe Index.