Soup is like one of the most perfect foods. A complete one-pot meal, it warms you up when you’re cold and it makes you feel better when you’re sick.
As chance would have it, January, in addition to being my birth month and one of the coldest months of the winter here in Pennsylvania, is National Soup Month!
Check out these recipes, including a few that are on my list of things to try. You can also follow #NationalSoupMonth on Twitter or check out my board of curated recipes on Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration.
- Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup — it all starts with a batch of butternut-carrot puree that can be frozen and added to a few ingredients
- Mushroom Barley Soup — comes together with a lot of ingredients likely in your pantry right now…
- Mushroom and Pappardelle Soup with Gremolata (via Vegetarian Times)
- Beef and Coconut Soup with Crispy Shallots (via Martha Stewart) — I love coconut so I’m wondering how this would taste with shiitake mushrooms and shrimp, as an alternative to beef…
- Mexican Vegetable Stew (via Chow.com)
- Red Curry Vegetable Soup (via Vegetarian Times)